Saturday, February 20, 2010

Case Study 1: GetDone!

I actually like the UI in terms of their structure. intuitive, easy and fast for use as their initial idea stated. The problem may be the graphic design: not attractive enough. My first impression: the main page got blue (FB color and some options), red (new Project and Call for help button) and yellow (badges/profile/Stats/Invite tabs) color. does not look like a whole, rather, looks like many small Ads.

I think the main problem is the arrangement of Overview and other four tabs on the top. I feel like they put the most important page less attractive than others. Users would try to click badges/profile/stats first before they finally realize overview is really the Overview of all projects instead of an application overview lol.

New Project Page (main page)

Asking for help is the initial attraction for users to install this application. As I've said, first page is very intuitive, fast and easy to use, fulfill the main purpose of this application: get things done!

it's actually easy to post a new project by just clicking new project button. after posting helps, users more concern about the responds they receive. say if you are the user who post 5 requests for help. what will you do after posting? come back and check frequently if someone gives your a hand. the more frequently used page would be the overview page. So, I think they may change overview page as the main page :P

For the content of New Project page: overall is good. Simple is beautiful. I never expect a list of questions to answer. For "Who do you want to ask" part…the category is not effective in my point of view. "Hide it from someone specific"? hmmm..why? the task is to give the person a surprise? you don't wanna bother him? you think he's useless?
If I'm the user, I hope to know who may be able to help me :D Then, maybe there can be one more option to specify what kind of people I'm looking for.

Project Page

For the helpers and friends referred. would that be better if they state some more details like why and how can they help to get my things done! so that when I shortlist people to approach, I got some reference to see if they really can help.
btw, err..why there are three Prof Ben's famous pictures appeared in helpers and probables? technical bug?


Statistics Page

The person who has helped doze the most fires doesn't mean he is the most helpful one for me. The stats won't help me in most cases. Instead, I would be more interested in the stats about my friends who are easier to approach.
The Most Resourceful stats seems more useful. The networking gurus can help me to find helpers I really look for!

At this point, I just came up with an idea. Maybe.. I mean perhaps they can have one more option to categorize the projects at the project posting page, so when I search for helpers I can specifically search those who help to solve most problems under certain categories.


Badge idea

Good incentive to encourage users to help others - Mr.Good Samaritan and The Great Guru :)
but..I find a bit funny to have Sizzly Sizzler and Fire Breather. it's not easy to be a Good Samaritan as you need to really put effort to help others, while trying your best to be a top fire starters is rather easy! keep spamming lol. I didn't say it's a bad idea though. It would be a good user interaction instead. popular people always get attention :) In order to get attention from your friends you can just start random "fire" and wait your friends "wish you good luck" (if HonestyBox can become popular by posting random questions, so could GetDone! succeed in a similar way :D)

1 comment:

  1. aarg not sure you purposely called it GetDone or you just mistaken. It's actually GetHelp!

    ReplyDelete